LGBTQ+ resources for young people and their parents
Book resources for LGBTQ+ youth
- Just the Way I Am: Journal Affirmations for LGBTQ+ Youth by Elizabeth Gray and Shannon Macias
- Is it a Choice: Answers to 300 of the Most Frequently Asked Questions About Gay and Lesbian People by Eric Marcus
- The Queer and Transgender Reslience Workbook: Skills for Navigating Sexual Orientation and Gender Expression by Anneliese Singh and Diane Ehrensaft
- The Gender Quest Workbook: A Guide for Teens and Young Adults Exploring Gender Identity by Rylan Jay Testa and Deborah Coolhart
- Educate yourself about LGBTQ topic through books or internet resources.
- Families Like Mine: Children of Gay Parents Tell It Like It Is by Abigail Garner
- Bi Any Other Name: Bisexual People Speak Out by Loraine Hutchins and Lani Kaahumanu
Books for parents
- This Is a Book for Parents of Gay Kids: A Question & Answer Guide to Everyday Life by Dannielle Owens-Reid and Kristin Russo
- Side by Side: On Having a Gay or Lesbian Sibling by Andrew R. Gottlieb
- Coming Out, Coming Home: Helping Families Adjust to a Lesbian or Gay Child by Michael C. LaSala
- Always My Child: A Parent’s Guide to Understanding Your Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgendered or Questioning Son or Daughter by Kevin Jennings and Pat Shapiro
- Now That You Know: A Parents’ Guide to Understanding Their Gay and Lesbian Children by Betty Fairchild and Nancy Hayward
- Love, Ellen: A Mother/Daughter Journey by Betty DeGeneres
- Helping Your Transgender Teen: A Guide for Parents by Irwin Krieger
Online resources for parents
- Parents, Families & Friends of Lesbians & Gays (PFLAG) — Find your local PFLAG chapter as well as helpful resources and information by clicking the link above.
- Children of Lesbians and Gays Everywhere (COLAGE) — This is a national group of children of LGBTQ+ parents.
- Liberation Life Coaching — Rashida Bonds offers individual coaching services to friends and family members of LGBTQ+ youth.
- Family Acceptance Project — This organisation offers information to help families support the well-being of their LGBTQ+ children, including this helpful guide.